Happy July 4th
6.00am to 8.30am (doors open at 5.45am, rather than 5.30am)
If you missed the AYSB Conference on Sunday, this is a succinct summary
- Yoga is a gift we should treasure. It can get you through some rough patches in life
- It is important to take our practice off our mat and keep a calm mind in the world
- Live a moral life, follow the yamas and niyamas
- Be prepared to be uncomfortable in your yoga practice and in life
- Be willing to change
- Be a good student: keep humble, listen to your teacher, be respectful of your peers, be clean in action, mind, body and mat
- You are not in control of your life. Learn to follow your knowing. You will only learn this from practicing kriya yoga correctly and developing discrimination (not from the internet)!
It can all be summed up beautifully by T S Eliot:
“You say I am repeating
Something I have said before. I shall say it again.
Shall I say it again? In order to arrive there,
To arrive where you are, to get from where you are not,
You must go by a way wherein there is no ecstasy.
In order to arrive at what you do not know
You must go by a way which is the way of ignorance.
In order to possess what you do not possess
You must go by the way of dispossession.
In order to arrive at what you are not
You must go through the way in which you are not.
And what you do not know is the only thing you know
And what you own is what you do not own
And where you are is where you are not.”